THE Leeton Basketball Association’s girls’ competition resumed on Monday evening with some thrilling basketball marking the commencement of the second half of the season.
In A Grade competition, Leeton Toyota and Anytime Fitness produced a memorable clash with Toyota moving to the top of the ladder with a tight seven-point victory over their round one nemesis.
For Toyota, Abby Favell was again the star with 22 points while Maddy Kennedy scored 16 of her own for Anytime Fitness.
In the second game of the night, White led by 16 points from Isabella Smith overcame a slow start to defeat the Eagles despite 10 points from Holly Halden.
In B Grade, Jess Fealy had the hot hand for Warbah scoring 16 points in her teams win over Eagles, while Jenna Pengelly (12 points) dominated the boards for Thinkwater as they defeated Celis Buses.
C Grade produced some close matches with Anytime Fitness, led by 12 points from Sophie Scalora overcoming a scoreless first quarter to eclipse Kurrajong Shell, while C&A Plumbing can thank 16 points from Tamika Rourke for their win over Country First who were well served by Isabella Polimeni who hit 10 points for the vanquished.
- A Grade: White 50 (Isabella Smith 16) defeated Eagles 22 (Holly Halden 10); Leeton Toyota 38 (Abby Favell 22) defeatedAnytime Fitness 36 (Maddy Kennedy 16)
- B Grade: Thinkwater 32 (Jenna Pengelly 12) defeated Celis Buses 18 (Lauren Block 10); Warbah 44 (Jess Fealy 14) defeated Eagles 8 (Sophie Anthony 6)
- C Grade: Anytime Fitness 26 (Sophie Scalora 12) defeated Kurrajong Shell 12 (Chloe Maybon 6); C&A Plumbing 30(Tamika Rourke 16) d Country First 12 (Isabella Polimeni 10).
- A Grade: 7.30pm Court 1: Leeton Toyota v White (Bench: Quade and Pastro); Court 2: Anytime Fitness v Eagles (Bench Kennedy and Graham)
- B Grade: 6.45pm Court 1: Thinkwater v Eagles (Bench: McAliece and Wilson); Court 2: Celi’s Buses v Warbah (Bench: Cromack and Jones)
- C Grade: 6pm: Court 1: Anytime Fitness v C & A Plumbing (Bench: Thomas and Halden); Court 2: Kurrajong Shell v Country First (Bench: Nardi and Polimeni).