THE penultimate round of the LBA Girls Spring Competition produced some remarkable basketball that kept spectators engrossed until the final whistle.
C Grade produced the highlight with Anytime Fitness and Country First playing out an absolute thriller, Anytime securing the win by two points courtesy of a Maddi Luff (8) basket with just 11 seconds remaining in the game. She was well supported by Sophie Scalora (8) while Isabella Polimeni and Zoe De Paoli both racked up six for the unlucky Country First team. Elsewhere Tamika Rourke drained 16 for C&A Plumbing as they defeated Kurrajong Shell by nine.
In B Grade Jess Fealy led all scorers with 14 for Warbah as they squeezed past a vastly improved Thinkwater by just six, Annabelle Cross hitting 10 for Thinkwater in an eye catching performance. In the other fixture 10 from Tess Henley was not enough for Celi Buses as they went down to the Eagles by eight.
A Grade produced another thriller with Anytime Fitness led by 14 from Olivia Mitchell defeating White by just three despite 16 from Ruby Henley. In the other game Abby Favell hit 36 as Leeton Toyota defeated Eagles, who were well served by Portia Marks who scored 10.
- A Grade: Leeton Toyota 68 (Abby Favell 36) d Eagles 32 (Portia Marks 10); Anytime Fitness 41 (Olivia Mitchell 14) d White 38(Ruby Henley 16)
- B Grade: Eagles 26 (Georgia Wilson 8) d Celi’s Buses 18 (Tess Henley 10); Warbah 24 (Jess Fealy 14) d Thinkwater 18 (Annabelle Cross 10)
- C Grade: Anytime Fitness 20 (M Luff 8, S Scalora 8) d Country First 18 (I Polimeni 6, Z De Paoli 6); C&A Plumbing 26 (T Rourke 16) d Kurrajong Shell 15 (N Alampi 8).
DRAW: November 20
- Aussie Hoops: 5.15pm (Court 1 & 2)
- C Grade: 6pm: Court 1: Anytime Fitness v Kurrajong Shell (Bench: Luff and Cross); Court 2: Country First v C&A Plumbing (Bench: Halden and Ciurello).
- B Grade: 6.45pm: Court 1: Thinkwater v Celi’s Buses (Bench: McAliece and Cromack); Court 2: Warbah v Eagles (Bench: Kelly and Lamont).
- A Grade: 7.30pm: Court 1: Leeton Toyota v Anytime Fitness (Bench: Johnstone and Mitchell); Court 2: Eagles v White (Bench: Locke and Goudie)