IT IS that time of the year again to get your creative juices flowing and possibly win a prize or two in the process.
Entries for the 2019 Penny Paniz Acquisitive Arts Competition and exhibition are now open.
The competition is open to people living in Leeton, or who have spent a substantial amount of time living in Leeton and the Leeton Shire Area, and members of the Leeton Art Society.
Entrants are encouraged to obtain an entry form for guidelines, category information and conditions of entry.
The competition and exhibition has been running for some years now and honours the late Penny Paniz who is known as bringing art in all of its glory to Leeton shire and building its profile through the Leeton Art Society.
Entry Forms are due by 4pm on March 15 either online or delivered in person to the Leeton Visitors Centre.
No late entries will be accepted.
Cost is $10 per adult entry and $5 for youth entries for artists aged 14 to18 years.
Entry Forms are available at the Leeton Visitors Centre, Yanco Avenue Leeton.
Artworks need to be delivered, ready for hanging to the Leeton Multipurpose Community Centre reception at 3-5 Wade Ave Leeton by 4pm on April 15.
Entry categories include:
- Penny Paniz Acquisitive Award – this year’s theme, “Leeton’s Art Deco” (45cm x 45cm, not including the frame - $1000 prize).
- Botanical/Flora – eg trees, shrubs, flowers, ferns, any plants.
- Fauna (animals) – eg any animal and/or birdlife.
- Still life – eg objects such as fruit, flowers, glassware, bowls, toys.
- Landcapes – eg seascapes, urban, rural and the sky.
- Portrait – eg a person/people.
- Abstract – a representation of external reality, using shapes, colour and textures. Fantasy art.
- Youth (aged 14-18) – eg dedicated to entries by those aged between 14-18 years of age
- People's Choice award – chosen by the most number of votes from visitors to the exhibition.
- Champion award – highest quality of artistic ability.
- Encouragement awards – for developing artistic talent.
The official opening and award presentation will be held on April 18 from 6pm at the Leeton Multipurpose Community Centre.
Exhibition hours will be from 10am to 4pm every day over the Easter long weekend for a gold coin entry, which includes a vote in the people’s choice award.
Contact the Leeton Art Society for more information at email@example.com or president Jacqui Herrmann on 0427 552369.
While you’re with us, you can now receive updates straight to your inbox every Friday at 6am from The Irrigator. To make sure you’re up to date with all news in Leeton sign up here.