THE second round of the two-day cricket competition will get underway this weekend with teams hoping for uninterrupted play throughout.
Last weekend the Leeton Soldiers Club Colts and the L&D CC Ferrets were able to briefly take to the field on what was a weather-affected day of play.
A result was able to be swung in favour of the Colts, but the other match between Yanco and Narrandera was unable to get onto the pitch as a result of around 25mm of rain falling the day before.
This weekend it’s a fresh start and all teams will be looking to gain valuable points as the pointy end of the season nears.
The Stags and the Colts are the top two sides on the combined ladder, but Yanco will go in favourites on Saturday with LSC likely to be missing several key players.
- Narrandera v L&D CC (Narrandera Park)
- LSC Colts v Yanco Cricket Club (Mark Taylor Oval)
- Yanco Cricket Club Stags v L&D CC Blue (LHS No. 1)
- L&D CC Yellow v Narrandera (LHS No. 2)
- Bye: LSC Colts
- Yanco Cricket Club Stars v L&D CC Yellow (LHS No. 2)
- Bye: Yanco Cricket Club Phantoms
While you’re with us, you can now receive updates straight to your inbox every Friday at 6am from The Irrigator. To make sure you’re up to date with all news in Leeton sign up here.