Fish stocks the real winner
As with previous events, proceeds from the 2019 Leeton Bidgee Classic Fishing competition will go towards enhancing facilities for anglers in and around our local waterways.
The committee have already released over 2000 Murry Cod fingerlings in early February and will do another release of Golden Perch at the Gogeldrie Weir boat ramp at noon on Saturday March 9.
Bidgee Classic goes online
Last year saw the launch of the Leeton Bidgee Classic Fishing competition website, which includes an online registration component.
Competitors can pre-register for the event up until midnight Thursday March 7, which will save the fuss of doing it when they arrive at the event.
Register online at www.leetonbidgeeclassic.com.au to skip the que and have everything waiting for you, ready to go when you arrive at the event. Jump online and register today.
The Leeton Bidgee Classic will be held on March 8, 9 and 10.
Tournament Fishing Hours
Friday March 8 from noon to 8pm
Saturday March 9 from 6.30am to 6pm
Sunday March 10 from 6.30am to 11am
Friday March 8
- 9am Bidgee Classic Registrations open at Gogeldrie Weir
- Noon: Let the competition begin
- 8pm Fishing times close day one
Saturday March 9
- 6.30am Registrations open. Fishing commences
- Noon Leeton Shire Council fingerling release at the boat ramp
- 5pm Raffle tickets on sale | entertainment commences
- 6pm Fishing times close day two
- 6pm Lure casting competition
- 7pm Yenda Producers Super Saturday Raffles commence
Sunday March 10
- 6.30am Fishing Commences
- 11am Competition closes
- Noon Presentations and prizes