TYPICALLY each week we bring you Flashback Friday, this week is no different, but we're popped together a gallery with a festive twist.
This week we go back five years to Light Up Leeton in 2015 - simpler times if you will - especially considering we had no clue about coronavirus, social distancing or any of the restrictions that were to become the norm in 2020.
Light Up Leeton is one of the shire's most-loved events and in 2015 the Christmas carnival and concert was again a big hit with the community on a warm summer's evening.
So, sit back and see who you can spot from five years ago and see what has and hasn't changed in that time.
Merry Christmas, Leeton shire!
Christmas fun facts
- Jingle Bells was written for Thanksgiving, not Christmas.
- In Germany, Poland, and Ukraine, finding a spider or a spider's web on a Christmas tree is believed to be a harbinger of good luck.
- Santa stretches time like a rubber band, in order to deliver all the gifts in one night.
- St. Nick was more generous than jolly.
- Hanging stockings started by accident.
IN OTHER NEWS: