Changes to a number of traffic arrangements in areas of Leeton's central business district have been confirmed following the latest Local Area Traffic Committee Meeting.
In the weeks to come, new traffic signage will be installed at all three locations to reflect the changes.
These will include:
- The 'no parking' zone outside St Joseph's Primary School in Ash Street will be changed to a 'no stopping' zone
- There will be a 'no right turn' allowed on the exit approach from Roxy Lane to Wade Avenue
- The loading zone located outside104 Pine Avenue (in front of MugShot Cafe) will become a disabled carpark
In addition, 'no u-turn' signs will be installed along Wade Avenue from Pine Avenue to Jarrah Street.
Leeton Shire Council's Road Safety officer Stephanie Puntoriero said the changes were a 'good opportunity' to remind road users of the difference between a 'no stopping' zone and a 'no parking zone'.
"A no stopping zone means you may not stop your vehicle for any reason," Mrs Puntoriero said.
"A no parking zone means you may stop but only for a period of up to two minutes for the purpose of dropping off or picking up passengers or goods.
And you must remain within three metres of your vehicle."
For more information about the changes please contact Mrs Puntoriero on 6953 0948.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content:
- Bookmark www.irrigator.com.au
- Make sure you are signed up for our breaking and regular headlines newsletters
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow us on Instagram
- Follow us on Google News